Regrettably, due to spawning of spam pages - only registered users may make edits.
Setting Up Linux
Configure to make it yours.
- Install fonts from Windows into Linux
- Windows fonts are located in:
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts I've collected quite a few over the years - 584, to be exact.
Language/fonts/etc. appear to be causing me problems. More to come.
I really want this font, for my letterhead. I've moved it into the font folder, but it does not appear as available in LibreOffice:
I installed various input methods, and numerous related packages.
To get to these installations, enter the admin application for "Language" Then play around. specifically:
- I believe this was the original and only input method. No optional components.
- Fcitx - I installed this, along with optional compenents. This appears to be amazingly intricate and tweekable.
- SCIM - Installed, but not investigated.
- UIM - Installed but not investigated
Software Installation and Configuration
[WARNING: This is still a beta version.]
Organon is an organisation and navigation-tool for OpenOffice and LibreOffice. Project Description Organon creates a navigation-tree for folders and files. It adds an entry to the sidebar, where files and folders can be tagged. New tabs can be created by selections or tags.
It's possible to:
use drag and drop create tags create tabs import and export files
65 likes, 0 dislikes
LanguageTool is a style and grammar proofreading software for English, French, German, Polish, Dutch, Romanian, and a lot of other languages. Project Description [LanguageTool]
LanguageTool is a style and grammar proofreading software for English, French, German, and a lot of other languages. You can think of LanguageTool as a software to detect errors that a simple spell checker cannot detect, e.g. mixing up there/their, no/now etc. It can also detect some grammar mistakes.
- MRI - UNO Object Inspection Tool (http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/mri-uno-object-inspection-tool)
This product has not had a release in over 1 year and may no longer be maintained.
MRI is an introspection tool of UNO objects. Project Description
MRI is an introspection tool of UNO objects, written in Python. If you want to know about UNO objects, try to use MRI. Targets of this extension are macro, extension developer and so on. MRI is an UNO service so that it can be used easily from any other languages
Online Documentation is available here: https://github.com/hanya/MRI/wiki
Universal toolbox for documents with mathematical content. Project Description [Dmaths]
Description of the Project
With Dmaths you should be able to write easily formulae, draw mathematical shapes ... Available in french, english, german, portuguese, spanish (partial), italian (partial). We need help for translation into your language !
For more information about Dmaths, and to download the up-to-date version of DmathsAddon.oxt, visit the project homepage of Didier Dorange-Pattoret and the website of Gisbert Friege (mostly in german, some pages in english).
- Other Interesting Possibilities:
VRT Network Equipment
2 likes, 0 dislikes [VRT Network Equipment] Jul 30, 2014 in Gallery Contents for all program modules
This extension provides galleries of network equipment shapes for LibreOffice, designed in a similar style to those offered by Microsoft Visio®. Latest release compatible with: LibreOffice 3.3 , LibreOffice 3.4 , LibreOffice 3.5 , LibreOffice 3.6 , LibreOffice 4.3 , LibreOffice 4.2 , LibreOffice 4.1 , LibreOffice 4.0
1 likes, 0 dislikes [DatabaseRangeManager] Jun 09, 2014 in Calc-Extensions
Insert, change or delete record - Sorting or filtering datas - Help topic Ajout, modification, suppression – Classement ou Filtrage – Aide Latest release compatible with: LibreOffice 4.1
LibreOffice Draw GEDCOM import filter Project Description This extension implements a GEDCOM import filter for Draw. It uses ged2dot internally -- think of it as a GUI for ged2dot, with the additional benefit that you can hand-edit the resulting layout in Draw, if you want.
1 likes, 0 dislikes
Neuronica extension is a realization of artificial neural networks. These advanced algorithms can be used for business and marketing analysis, classification task solutions, time series forecasting and financial market prediction.
1 likes, 0 dislikes [SMF Extension] Sep 26, 2013 in Calc-Extensions
Add functions to Calc that allow stock market data retrieval.
0 likes, 0 dislikes
Pepito Cleaner is an extension of Libre/Open Office created to quickly resolve the most common formatting mistakes of old scans, PDF imports and every digital text file.
LibreOffice GetRest Plugin
0 likes, 0 dislikes [LibreOffice GetRest Plugin] Oct 26, 2014 in Calc-Extensions
The extension adds 2 new function to LibreOffice Calc. Function GET(URL) offer you to get data from the internet by simple get request. Function ...
Calendar for Calc
View calendar and easily insert dates in selected cells. Project Description [Calendar for Calc]
Calendar for Calc. Accessible through Ctrl Shift F2 key combination or through the Tools/Add-ons menu. Select range(s) in Calc and twice click on a day on the floating window to insert date in ISO format. This extension uses Python calendar and datetime functions
Software - Possibilities
This stuff looks interesting. And I might even NEED it!
- Screen Shots and Video
- Kazam - provides a well designed and easy to use interface for capturing screencasts and screenshots. It can record desktop video and multiple audio streams simultaneously with control over audio levels and the screen region being captured.
- Aegisub - Originally created as tool to make typesetting, particularly in anime fansubs, a less painful experience, Aegisub has grown into a fully fledged, highly customizable subtitle editor.
- pychess - The goal of pychess, is to provide a fully featured, nice looking, easy to use chess client for the gnome-desktop. The client should be usable both to those totally new to chess, and those who want to use a computer to further enchance their play.
- meld - Meld is a graphical diff viewer and merge application for the Gnome desktop. It supports 2 and 3-file diffs, recursive directory diffs, diffing of directories under version control (Bazaar, Codeville, CVS, Darcs, Fossil SCM, Git, Mercurial, Monotone, Subversion), as well as the ability to manually and automatically merge file differences.
- is a service which logs the user's activities and events (files
opened, websites visited, conversations held with other people, etc.) and makes the relevant information available to other applications.
- It serves as a comprehensive activity log and also makes it possible to
determine relationships between items based on usage patterns.
- is a off-line English thesaurus with distinct features like:
* hot-key press word look-up (select text on any window and press a preset hot-key for look-up) * regular expressions based search (broaden search using wild-cards like *, ?, etc.) * passive desktop notifications (of word definitions for uninterrupted work-flow) * spelling suggestions (when the exact spelling is vague/not known)